Downtown Employee Appreciation Week is a week-long event where we’ll celebrate downtown’s 83,000+ employees with giveaways, games and other festivities.
Each afternoon there will be a Daily Downtown Employee Celebration from 11:45am-1:00pm where there will be lunch giveaways accompanied with live entertainment and office challenge games. These celebrations will be at a different location each day:
- July 31 at Red Arrow Park
- August 1 at Pere Marquette Park
- August 2 at Schlitz Park
- August 3 at Chase Plaza, Blue’s Plaza, and Wisconsin Center District
- August 4 at Cathedral Square.
Each evening there will also be a different event for employees to enjoy.
- July 31 from 5:00-9:00pm there is the “I Work Downtown” beach volleyball tournament at Bradford Beach.
- August 1 from 5:00-7:00pm the “I Work Downtown” trivia competition will be held at Jackson’s Blue Ribbon Pub.
- August 2 World’s Largest Coffee Break will be at Catalano Square from 7:30-9:00am and in the evening from 5:00-6:00pm there will be a Western Hoedown at Pere Marquette partnered with Westtown’s River Rhythms.
- August 3 from 5:00-7:00pm the Shops of Grand Ave is hosting Downtown’s Grandest Happy Hour.
- August 4 NEWaukee is hosting an Urban Island Beach Party at Lakeshore State Park from 5:00-11:00pm.